- The Dominican Republic's average temperature is between 78-88⁰F. The island has a year-round tropical maritime climate with almost continuous northeast trade winds.
- A valid US passport is needed for entry (another stamp for the collection - woot)!
- Aruba’s departure tax is $20.00
- ¿Hablas español? While Spanish is the official language, English is widely spoken on the island, especially on the resorts.
- Cash flow: the currency is the Dominican Peso, but the US dollar is accepted in most places.
- The electricity is same as the US
Blue waters & white sands
The Dominican culture is colorful and vibrant. Think of it as a melting pot of Spanish, French, Haitian and African backgrounds; particularly in Santo Domingo – the oldest city in the New World. From traditional architecture to cobblestone streets, the historic value is unmatched in the Caribbean. It's even been named an UNESCO World Heritage Site.
For all you adventure seekers, the island offers everything from snorkeling to surfing, jet-skiing to sailing! Maybe you want to hit the links? Head over to Casa de Campo Complex or La Romana resort area for some of the greatest golf courses in the world! And if you simply want the sand in between your toes, read up on the many options you’ll have in DR.
Swim with the fishes!
Set sail & relax
- Punta Cana: This is one of the most popular beaches in the entire Caribbean. It’s known for its young crowd appeal and its 30 miles of super fine white sand, known as the “Coconut Coast.” What's better than sand running through your toes with a cocktail in hand?
- Isla Saona: If you are looking for a more romantic setting, take your loved one to Isla Saona. The azure waters and palm trees at sundown are sure to inspire some romance! This small island is part of the Parque Nacional Del Este.
- Boca Chica: Boca Chica is a kid-friendly beach with shallow offshore waters. There are plenty of restaurants and bars to satisfy all your dining needs.
- Cabarete: This north coast beach is non-stop action. It’s home to one of the world’s top windsurfing and kite boarding venues. Surfing and scuba are also popular excursions on this active beach.