Culinary Excellence in the Dominican Republic
Built in 2000, The Excellence Punta Cana emerged as an all-inclusive, adults-only tropical oasis to which thousands of travelers could flock each year. Recently renovated and expanded to welcome the regular influx of travelers in need of rest and relaxation, the resort continues to be an iconic benchmark of the hospitality, fun, and leisure that travelers all over the world have come to expect from the Dominican Republic. The hotel group’s second area property, The Excellence El Carmen, is located just down the road from its flagship resort. Built in 2016, it also quickly rose to prominence as one of Punta Cana’s best and brightest all-inclusive, adults-only resort options.
Though each of these resorts has its own identity and unique vibes, both share quite a few things in common: among them, mouth-watering culinary experiences that are nothing short of, well… excellent.
Here are five dining experiences not to be missed when visiting these Excellence resorts:
1. For an outstanding breakfast, we recommend Magna at Excellence Punta Cana. Located inside the Excellence Club and accessible only to visitors staying in the Excellence Club area of the hotel, Magna offers a sophisticated yet relaxed dining experience. On cooler days, we suggest enjoying your meal on the outdoor patio, which offers views of the ocean and is surrounded by a moat-like body of water. For something healthy and refreshing, try one of the fresh juices—each made with a unique combination of fruits, both nourishing and delicious.
2. For lunch, we suggest heading over to Oregano at Excellence Punta Cana for a casual yet upscale trattoria-inspired dining experience. The outdoor restaurant overlooks the pool and offers an ambiance that is nothing short of delightful. Relaxed, shaded, and surrounded by the beauty of the resort’s palm trees, it really doesn’t get more picturesque than this. For something light and simple, try the Lime Chicken. We think you’ll love it.
3. To take exclusivity to the next level, visit the Magna Club at the Excellence El Carmen. Again, available only to hotel guests staying in the Excellence Club of the hotel, this chic French-inspired al-fresco restaurant offers indoor and outdoor seating with tranquil garden views. We were lucky enough to experience the slow-cooked beef tri tip au jus with balsamic and truffled cauliflower couscous. Yes! It was as phenomenal as it sounds. For dessert, we enjoyed a fruit flavored treat with chocolate and sorbet accompaniments. It was beautifully presented—almost too pretty to eat… almost.
4. For a little romance and a truly special dining experience, we recommend a private dinner on the beach. Both resorts will work with you to create a unique dining experience complete with lights, stars, and the sound of the waves. It’s peaceful, personalized, and just as delicious as any meal prepared inside the restaurants.
5. Okay, we know food trucks are nothing new… but a food truck inside an old VW van in the middle of a resort in the Dominican Republic is kind of cool. So, for something on-the-go at the chic Excellence El Carmen, grab a bite at the food truck and enjoy the fun and charm of this dining trend.
To book your stay at Excellence Punta Cana or Excellence El Carmen in the Dominican Republic, contact your Liberty Travel consultant today.