10 Great Things to Do On Your Next Trip to Moon Palace Jamaica Grande
The port town of Ocho Rios in Jamaica was once a tiny fishing village, but today it’s a great place for a family or romantic getaway with wonderful restaurants, dance clubs, shopping, and of course warm Caribbean water and white sand beaches.
One of the nicest places to get an unobstructed view of the sea, but still remain close enough to all of the action, is Palace Resorts’ Moon Palace Jamaica Grande. This luxurious property features 700 beautiful rooms, free wireless Internet access, top-shelf drinks, and a long list of other incredible amenities. It’s only 5 minutes from town and a world away at the same time.
There is a playroom for the kids that’s open from 10:00 am to 10:00 pm, an adults-only nightclub, a top of the line fitness center, and four pools to choose from, including one with a swim up bar. The hotel even has a really fun FlowRider Challenge, where you can test your skills on a surfboard as wave after wave come your way, and the Awe-Spa is just about the most perfect way to relax and unwind with herbal steam baths, and invigorating treatments. Once you leave the property, the hotel can arrange for some amazing local tours of sites that include:
1. The Mystic Mountain Sky Explorer—The tour takes you 700 feet up, above the trees and over the rainforest. You can even see the iconic Dunn’s River Falls from up here! There’s a lookout tower, a butterfly and hummingbird garden, zip lines, and even a bobsled run.
2. A Snorkel Tour—A catamaran will take you straight from the hotel to a nearby reef where you will see an incredible array of tropical fish in crystal clear waters.
3. Wet N Dirty Mud Buggies—Talk about going off road! This fun trek through 980 acres in the tropics is all about going fast and getting dirty. There’s also a chance to get some incredible pictures because you are 1100 feet above sea level.
4. Horseback Ride ‘N’ & Swim—This tour takes riders to the Papillion Cove (you may recognize it from the many movies that were filmed here). Your beautiful thoroughbred will swim through the Caribbean while you just simply go along for the ride. The horses are well trained and cooperative, so no beforehand experience on a saddle is necessary.
5. Blue Mountain Bicycle Tour—Jamaica’s Blue Mountains are stunning and luckily with this tour the ride is almost entirely down hill. This is a great way to experience the lush countryside and get brunch and lunch too!
6. Blue Hole, River Tubing & Zip Line Combo—There is so much to love about this tour, starting with a 17th century Spanish bridge and traveling down the White River to a coconut plantation, and eventually landing at the cascades of flowing water and underground caves of the breathtaking Blue Hole.
7. Konoko Falls—A 5-minute drive from Ocho Rios is the place the island's first inhabitants, the Taino Indians, called home. Don’t forget the camera, because the landscapes are unbelievable.
8. Sunvalley Plantation—History lovers will embrace this 90-minute tour that takes visitors through the plantation's slave-era past to the present day. Today it is home to coconut and banana groves, as well as many other tropical fruits you are welcome to try.
9. Negril Beach at Sunset—A round-trip tour takes travelers to romantic Margaritaville Beach Club and Rick's Café on the west end of the island, where you will witness the most beautiful sunset you have ever seen.
10. Palace Dolphin Swim—Kids over the age of 7 and adults will get to spend at least 30 minutes in the water with dolphins during this amazing encounter. If you are luckily one of these lovely mammals will even swim up and kiss you!
As the hotel likes to ask, “How much of a good thing can you handle?” Luckily they have more than enough options to satisfy all of these possibilities and even more.