The 8 Most Affordable Destination Wedding Locations for Your Big Day
Imagine saying "I do" on a pristine white sandy beach, with the sun warming your face and gentle waves crashing in the background. Destination weddings are becoming increasingly popular as couples look to escape the traditional wedding stress and embrace the beauty of a beach wedding in a tropical paradise.
When it comes to finding the perfect location, the Caribbean and Mexico offer countless stunning spots to use as wedding venues for your special day. Best of all, many of these locations offer affordable wedding packages. And along with using our group travel experts to coordinate all of the travel details, your destination wedding will be an incredible experience from start to finish.
Even better? When you book your dream wedding with Liberty Travel, you can save up to $1,500 on your destination event!
Plus, we’ve partnered with some wonderful, all-inclusive resorts to give you complimentary wedding packages for a limited time. The details differ depending on your chosen resort, but some components include ceremony details, such as the wedding site, sound systems, and chairs. The wedding packages may also include flowers, a wedding cake, a professional photographer, couples massages, room upgrades, a personal wedding planner or onsite wedding coordinator, and more!
Here are the eight of the most affordable destination wedding locations in the Caribbean and Mexico.
The Dominican Republic offers a diverse landscape with miles of stunning coastline, lush mountain ranges, and vibrant city life. With so much to see and do, it's easy to understand why the country has quickly become a favorite among budget-conscious couples planning a destination wedding. The Dominican Republic boasts plenty of affordable all-inclusive resorts with wedding packages tailored to fit various budgets, giving you all the luxury you desire at a fraction of the cost.
- Golf enthusiasts will be thrilled by the astounding variety and quality of golf courses in the Dominican Republic. With over 25 courses designed by some of the world's most renowned golf architects, visitors are spoilt for choice when it comes to picking the perfect course.
- History buffs can visit Santo Domingo—the oldest city in the Americas—which offers intriguing museums and historical sites that showcase the island's rich cultural heritage.
- Of course, no trip to the Dominican Republic would be complete without indulging in its lively local cuisine and dancing to merengue or bachata tunes late into the night.
Riviera Maya, Mexico
The stunning coastline of the Riviera Maya stretches over 100 miles along the Yucatan Peninsula, and it’s home to some of Mexico’s most beautiful beaches, lush jungles, and ancient ruins. You'll find plenty of all-inclusive resorts that make affordable destination wedding locations. From intimate beachfront ceremonies to elegant ballroom receptions, Riviera Maya is the perfect place to have your dream wedding without going over budget.
- There are plenty of opportunities to soak up the sun and enjoy watersports like snorkeling and scuba diving along the stunning local beaches such as Playa del Carmen, Akumal, or Tulum
- For those wanting a more immersive experience, guests can take a journey through ancient Mayan ruins such as Chichen Itza or Coba.
- Nature lovers can encounter incredible biodiversity at Sian Ka'an Biosphere Reserve, while adventure enthusiasts can zip-line through the dense jungles or explore mysterious cenotes.
Puerto Rico boasts a diverse landscape that includes pristine beaches, lush rainforests, and charming colonial cities. Exchange your vows during a beach wedding with the turquoise waters of the Caribbean Sea as your backdrop, or opt for a ceremony surrounded by tropical foliage in El Yunque National Forest. With so many unique locations and wedding venues to choose from, it's easy to find the perfect picturesque spot for your destination wedding.
- Step into the past at historical sites like the famous Castillo San Felipe del Morro and Castillo San Cristobal, one of the largest Spanish fortresses in the new world.
- If it’s a family affair, visitors can check out Luquillo Beach near San Juan. It’s ringed by coral reefs that keep the waters calm, clear, and perfect for swimming. There are picnic areas, changing rooms, and showers… plus spectacular views
- For the adventurers, trek up into Yunque Rainforest—the only tropical rainforest in the US National Forest Systems. It’s a gorgeous wonderland of waterfalls, hiking trails, lush greenery, and breathtaking vistas.
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
Sitting between the Sierra Madre Mountains and the Pacific Ocean, Puerto Vallarta offers a stunning setting for your destination wedding. Whether you want an intimate ceremony or something bigger, this is the place to do it all. Plus, one of Mexico’s most romantic cities, Puerto Vallarta, merges its cobblestone streets and vibrant art scene with plenty of outdoor activities. It's the perfect place to host an affordable wedding.
- Art enthusiasts need to see Malecon, a boardwalk that runs parallel to the crystal blue waters of Banderas Bay. Explore many art galleries and shops along the way, plus a mural by the legendary Mexican artist Manuel Lepe.
- Don’t miss Los Acros Marine Park, a national landmark where giant granite arches shoot out of the ocean. The rocky islands can be seen from downtown Puerto Vallarta but are the most impressive when viewed up close.
- Zona Romantica is a beach village is where visitors can discover quaint courtyard cafes, contemporary art galleries, and LGBTQ-friendly bars. It also has one of Puerto Vallarta’s most popular beaches—Playa Los Muertos.
Jamaica offers numerous beachfront, all-inclusive resorts for the perfect beach backdrop and an ideal destination wedding location. And beyond the breathtaking beaches, guests can explore lush rainforests, swim under waterfalls, taste famous local cuisine, and more. Plus, its easygoing ambiance will help keep away wedding stress to remind you that your destination wedding is also a vacation to remember.
- Guests can swim with dolphins at Dolphin Cove or enjoy classic beach activities like snorkeling, scuba diving, and sailing.
- For those seeking thrills, zip-lining through the jungle, swimming in the bioluminescent waters outside of Montego Bay, or trekking down the breathtaking landscapes of the famous Dunn’s River Falls.
- Discover Jamaica’s rich culture through food, art, music, and more. Visitors can savor the famous jerk chicken, dance the night away to local reggae beats, or visit the Bob Marley Museum.
Cancun, a stunning resort city in Mexico's Yucatan Peninsula, is an ideal destination wedding hotspot for those looking to combine beautiful scenery, exciting activities, and warm hospitality. Boasting crystal-clear turquoise waters, pristine white sandy beaches, and lush tropical greenery, Cancun sets the stage for romance and picture-perfect wedding memories.
- Enchanting day trips to nearby attractions such as Tulum or Chichen Itza can be easily arranged before or after the wedding festivities.
- For adventure-seekers in your guest list, zip-lining through lush jungles or scuba diving in Cancun's famous underwater museum will provide adrenaline-pumping excitement.
- Golf enthusiasts will also appreciate the high-quality golf courses located throughout the region.
Aruba is a blissful island located in the Caribbean Sea, just a short distance from the coast of Venezuela. Conveniently located outside of the hurricane belt and with one of the lowest amounts of rainfall in the Southern Caribbean, visitors to Aruba can expect beautiful weather all year long—making it a perfect place to plan a destination wedding without weather worries. The island's natural beauty provides an idyllic backdrop for a romantic ceremony on the beach, in a tropical garden, or in front of a gazebo facing the sea.
- See Aruba beyond the beach by exploring Arikok National Park, a nature reserve that covers nearly 20% of the island and is filled with unique geological formations, cacti, and wildlife.
- In between official events, guests can browse Oranjestad, a colorful Dutch colonial city filled with shops, restaurants, and historical landmarks. It’s the perfect place to pick up souvenirs and enjoy a meal.
- The beautiful beach of Boca Catalina is known for its calm waters, making it a great spot for snorkeling. You can see a variety of fish and coral without going too deep.
Saint Lucia is home to breathtaking natural scenery, including lush tropical forests, pristine beaches, and majestic mountains. As you celebrate your wedding day with this stunning backdrop, you’ll create some of the most beautiful wedding photos possible. In addition to the affordable resorts and all-inclusive wedding packages, there’s plenty for guests to do when attending your multi-day destination wedding.
Well known for its perfect beaches, stunning scenery, and various exciting activities, it’s an excellent choice for an incredible yet affordable destination wedding.
- For a dose of adventure, take a scenic Jeep journey through Saint Lucia’s banana plantations, fishing villages, and the towns of Anse La Raye and Canaries. Then try an easy hike to the beautiful Piton Waterfall for a perfect swim
- Learn how cocoa pods are harvested into chocolate, partake in a traditional fish fry, or visit the Castries Market at the island's capital to discover everything from unique spice blends to exotic homegrown fruits.
- St. Lucia also hosts several renowned annual celebrations, like the lively Carnival and the Jazz festival.
Start planning your affordable destination wedding today!